Sunday, July 17, 2016

True facts about me

Our society is harsh. Now that social media is a part of our everyday lives the pressure is overwhelming. We are competitive with that person on Facebook who seems to be perfect and has the perfect family. The person on Instagram who is always on cloud nine. The person on Snapchat who has a magical and booming life. The person on Twitter who.... well I don't know because I don't tweet.
Can I be honest? And let's be truthful. They are fake, you are fake, and I am fake. No one has a perfect life, but the pressure is to put on like you do.
As a woman, a person in recovery, I want to be true. True to who I am and who God has made me. Sooo here we go with my uglies.
I am an addict.
I have bad days.
I get my feelings hurt.
My kids are not perfect, and sometimes they get on my nerves.
I have issues with my self image. BAD!
I double think way too much.
I smoke.
I cuss.
I get jealous.
I miss my husband everyday of the week.
I get lonely.
I feel crazy sometimes.
I need to pray more.
I need to make more time for my friends.
I usually miss church, because it seems easier to deal with my children.
I cannot stand the fact that people are really two-faced.
My depression sometimes gets the best of me.
I dont like swimsuit pictures of myself.
I get ashamed of my past.
It is hard to tell my kids no.
I want to sleep A LOT, but only during the day.  At night I can't go to sleep.
I dont excercise enough.
I drink too much sugar.
I get mad.
I play Pokemon Go.
I stay on my phone way too much.
I don't like to clean.
I am a procrastinator when it comes to school work.
I let my kids play with electronics.
I want my hair long when it is short.
I shop too much.
I am scared of what people say about me.
I am not perfect and that is the truth. I have to remind myself that the person's profile on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat isn't neither. I make mistakes everyday. We have to remember what is real and what isn't. What's real is my love for God and my family. I have to take it one day at a time too. I am one mess up from being screwed up. Just keeping it real tonight.
Love,
Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment