Friday, December 1, 2017

Mom Struggles

From the mom of a boy who is struggling to keep up. I want to be transparent and let others know you aren't the only one struggling to raise them right and present all A's on a report card.
My little boy... he tries. Yes i truly believe he is trying. He goes through his sight words 6 to 8 times a day (over 60 words in his stack), if he hears any other noises (tv, radio, or his brother playing) he loses track of concentration, he wiggles out of his chair, he cant keep his feet on the floor, he crys in the midst of studying, but he tries. He sticks it out and before we know it bedtime has snuck up on us and now he is upset because he didn't get to play. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
As the mother... I cry with every test sent home. (I am crying now writing this post). I feel guilt... not because we don't go over and over and over his homework, but because we do more than go over it. I feel guilty because he is struggling in school and I don't know how to fix it. He brings me his tests and as the tears make there way down my cheeks... I wonder what's going on in his head? You can see the shame as he hands over his game and I take it away. I ask him why he made a bad grade and he says, "I don't know, mom." 
I get frustrated. Sooo frustrated! I try not to, but he knows the words. I know he knows the words. He reads them to me.
I feel sorry for him, because the way it's looking he will no longer be in the same grade as his friends. What am I doing wrong??? How can I make things better? Why is he struggling in class? I pray that tomorrow will be better.
The truths of a mom whose son is struggling to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment