Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reasoning for blog & a lil About Me

I am a 29 year old woman, mother of two boys, a sister to two older siblings, and married to my high school sweetheart. I have decided to blog about my journey of recovery from addiction. Some addicts say it's a part of their life that they are not proud of and would much rather lock it up in a closet. Me, on the other hand, am willing to speak about those days because if it wasn't for those skeletons I would not be the person I am today.... Sober and back in school. As my favorite talk host (Steve Harvey) has said,"My failures have gotten me closer to my goals." I realize not only my disappointments but my families disappointments has opened my eyes to the mother, wife, sister, and daughter I want/need to be. Obviously I've never been perfect, nor am I ever going to be. I am willing to share my imperfections with others and just maybe someone could learn from my mistakes or better yet help me embrace my own.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I loved reading this and u are right about not being ashamed..u live, u learn! U are living proof that u can overcome and become better than before! 2 thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Amen! I am one proud sister girl friend over here! We can only go up! Our scars tell our stories!

    ReplyDelete