Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Saving Lives

When I was a kid I can remember dreaming of being a hero. In high school, I settled on becoming a nurse and saving lives, but as a teenager I made the mistake of not taking school serious. Though my dreams never faded.
We never know what the future holds. My life isn't how I planned it to be. I never planned on being an addict. I didn't understand God's plan, until I decided to go back to school to be a substance abuse counselor. So here I am 30 years young, married, a mother to 2 beautiful boys, and back in college.
I woke up just like every day. Took the boys to school and on my way to school I went. It was a very big day for me. It was a Monday and I had two finals in two of my major subjects. I made it to Biology, finished that exam, and had 3 hours until my math exam. I decided to go home,work on my English paper, and at 1 o'clock go back for my math final.
As I was on my way home, I pulled up to a wreck. Two vehicles had hit head on. I wonder to myself,"Where are the cops?" Not realizing this had just happened. There was a young man running down his driveway. As he screams, "I have one in this car!!!" I walk up to an unrecognizable SUV that was smoking bad. I see a lady in the driver's seat who is pinned in the car. I tried to open the door but it was unsuccessful. I look in the back seat and see the back of a little girls head. She wasn't moving nor was she crying. I call 911 and eventually hand my phone off to the guy to the let them know exactly where we were. In the midst of him talking, I hear a kid cry out. Realizing this little girl is not the only kid. I run around the car trying to open a door, any door, every door was locked including the back hitch. I'm panicking and shaking. I pick up a slither of plastic of the road. Pulling on the door till I could pry the piece in there to reach the lock and unlock button. The first time I hit the lock button, second time I finally hit the unlock. I can remember screaming, "Someone please come open the door!" I jumped down off the sidebar rushed to open the door. When I opened the door, my heart broke into pieces, I couldn't believe that this was really happening, it all felt like a nightmare.
I will be speaking at Easley Baptist Church May 30th at 6:00 for Redeemed Ministries. I will share this story and finish it. Just remember our testimonies are never over, it might not make sense to us right now, or it may test our faith... But it's up to us to stay in his word and keep fighting the good fight. God bless you all and please come and hear a part of my testimony. We all have a love story with God. Love

No comments:

Post a Comment