Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Helping, Goodbye

Helping- make it easier for (someone) to do something by offering one's services or resources.
As a person, we all know how busy our lives can get/be. We also know how hard it is to get through a day juggling multiple things at once. When I was a kid I couldn't wait to get older, all I could imagine was the freedom. I can remember dreaming of waking up and not being made to go to school, just running through the day with the wind in my hair, a fresh breath of the cool summer breeze rushing threw my lungs, and thinking of things to do later with my friends. Little did I know, freedom was the days that I spent dreaming.
As an adult, I spent a lot of my time trying to find out who I really was, what I wanted to do with my life, and figuring out that friends drift apart. I made mistakes and I once was a failure, but I also learned and picked myself back up to start all over again. Being 30 years old and just figuring out what kind of career I want is sometimes a "Debbie Downer". Especially when I see others who I once graduated high school with in their career choice for several years now, worse than that younger people who have done the same. I have to remind myself during these moments that my failures and mistakes is what has assured me of who I am and what I want. My failures are helping me become who I am.
Friends. I have lost a lot of them over the years. I have also had friends for years and know if I am in need of help, they wouldn't hesitate. People change and by now I should know this, but it still hurts when you see someone and you have nothing to say. Not too long ago I saw one of my girlfriends, and I wondered to myself, "who is this?" She was different, and it scared me. I use to love this person (as a friend), I stood there missing her, my heart was beating at a fast pace, scared that our friendship was now just a memory from my past, another goodbye that never gets to be said. Friends come and go, but remember who is true to themselves will be true to friendships. Helping others can better ourselves.
Our life is a learning lesson, and sometimes that can be painful. Helping others is something I love to do, but saying, "goodbyes" is the hardest for me.
This world is not slowing down, but it will one day stop. What can you carry out of this world? Not a house, not money, not a car, nor your wardrobe. We can carry peace, love, and satisfication. Knowing that I did my best to help anyone i could. Knowing that I am true to myself. Knowing that I keep my God above all things. Knowing that what you see on the outside, is not reflecting the joy i have on the inside. My hair will turn gray, my face will begin to wrinkle, and my body will ache, but I will leave lending a helping hand and smiling in place of a goodbye.

Help. Help those around you. Helping is the ability to assist in bettering someone's life. Quit trying to fit in, because this world can be ugly. Stand out because we never forget those who helped us when we were down. Reach out to your friends, they might need you. Hug your family, they might want you. Pray. God wants you.

No one is too good to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment